…so you have got the case of the lazy bones today!
As the summer has already begun, I have found myself revolving around the stages of summer:
- DO ALL OF THE THINGS! BE PRODUCTIVE! FREEDOM!!!
- Do what you want, when you want! (sleep, food, Netflix, pool, lay on floor…the list goes on)
- Want to do the things. Procrastinate. Lose energy to do them.
- Crash and Burn.
- Repeat the cycle.
While this process can get old pretty quick, there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a lazy day where you literally give zero cares about how productive you should be and if you’re eating ok and all that stuff. Everything is good in moderation, so if today happens to be a day where you have the freedom to just take a personal day, GO FOR IT and ENJOY.
Today, if you can’t tell already, is one of those days for me. I have been slightly productive, but regardless, I am making it a point to keep it easy and rest as much as I can. Regardless, the guilt of taking a beautiful day in LA to not go out and do fun things is overwhelming so the least I can do is write out yet another post!
5 tips for a wonderful lazy day
for when your get up and go has got up and left.
- Sleep in! All of the sleep! I mean, don’t mess with sleeping too much but if you feel lazy, you are probably tired to begin with so sleep is a definitely good way to go.
- Get smaller tasks done! Have a few emails to send, laundry to do, or miscellaneous smaller tasks? Suddenly, they are looking more appealing than the larger tasks, so get a few things done.
- Companionship! Have a lazy day with your family, friends, pet, a good book, instrument, Netflix…having some sort of companion makes any lazy day infinitely better!
- TREAT YO SELF! This motto is the best on a lazy day! Do what you want to do and avoid worrying about it. Example: eating chocolate ice cream and staying in bed all day…healthiest decision? Perhaps not, but if it sounds wonderful and you have the means, why not enjoy!?
- Embrace Calmness. Silence. Music. Creating art. Reflection. Whatever calms you, do it.
I hope that you have an amazing lazy day! If you do, let me know what you’re up to via the comments below or at twitter @sarahfhamilton. Or don’t. You do you.