Step aside PSL…
Lately, I have been desperately missing autumn and trying to make it as fall-season as possible in the ever sunny LA. From chill autumn playlists to the occasional old fashion donut splurge and the desire to wear scarves and darker makeup, I have done all I can to embrace a season that barely exists. However, Starbucks has been pretty cool with their seasonal drinks, but as I am not a fan of pumpkin-spiced anything, my go-to fall drink is hot apple cider.
Somehow, I ended up at the gym today, scrolling through Pinterest and wondering about the possibility of an apple pie latte or apple spiced latte. On my way back afterwards, I got a shot of espresso from Starbucks and seasoned it up with their complementary nutmeg, chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla. Then, the birth of the best autumn drink happened, in which, I would like to share here with you…
What You Need:
One shot of espresso
Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Chocolate, Vanilla (pick your seasonings as you like!)
Instant hot apple cider mix
Little bit of milk (I used nonfat)
One little squeezy of honey
a mug, stir, and straw
- Heat up your water…just enough to fill the mug about half way.
- Pour water into the mug a bit, add hot apple cider mix, and then add the rest of the water.
- Add the spices into the shot of espresso and mix well.
- Pour espresso shot into the mug.
- Stir together and add additional spices as desired. I reccomend a bit of honey too!
- Add a bit of milk to your taste. (Steam/heat milk for extra smoothness!)
- Stir it all together and sip through straw (this is a me thing, but it keeps your teeth fresh!)
If you try this recipe, definitely let me know what you think! Comment below and/or tweet at me @sarahfhamilton.