Buttermilk Cinnamon Mocha Pancakes
Ingredients (what I used):
*I eyed up ingredient amounts
- Buttermilk whole wheat pancake and waffle mix
- Water (or almond milk)
- Mocha mix (or coffee and hot chocolate combined)
- Optional egg (for protein boost)
- Optional toppings (fruit, honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- In a bowl, mix pancake mix with some cinnamon.
- Add some water or milk and mix together until creamy consistency (not too clumpy or watered down!). If you add an egg, now is the time.
- On a medium heated stove pan, pour mixture.
- When the pancake begins to bubble, flip it and watch to avoid burning.
- Place pancake on plate. Repeat process until there is no more mixture left to make.
- Slice strawberries (or chosen fruit) and put them on top. Add desired toppings.
ADDITIONAL MOCHA TOPPING:
I had made a mocha using the Starbucks Via Mocha mix and almond milk with extra cinnamon. I drizzled some of this on top of my pancakes as a syrup substitute and it was amazingly delicious!
If you try this recipe, definitely let me know! It is filling and definitely perfect for a stay at home brunch! Tweet it at me @sarahfhamilton.