School has started for most of us by now, and if it hasn’t chances are that it will soon. Too soon. But, it can never be “too soon” to plan out picture day! Hopefully this post can help you have that perfect picture taken.
Now I know that most people don’t really like picture day, but I never quite understood why. Nobody ever seems happy about how their picture turns out except for me. You don’t have to be a perfect model with photogenic qualities that others envy to make picture turn out perfect though. Make your picture day stress-free, and your pictures beautiful every year following these simple tips.
- Bring A Brush: Always bring a brush with you so you can make last minute adjustments for your hair. If you have your picture taken in the morning, make sure you look fresh, and if it’s the afternoon (or even after gym) feel free to brush and style to your liking. Just don’t share your brush! It’s yours and you want to prevent getting lice! EW!
- Makeup?: Girls, I know that if you are someone who wears makeup, you might want to know what is the perfect makeup style you need for photos…correct? Personally, I like using a dark mascara to pop your eyes, lipstick, little eye shadow, and maybe a little blush. You want to pop your features slightly more so than usual thanks to the lighting, but definitely don’t overdo it. The idea is to look as natural as possible.
- Outfit: Choose your outfit in advance and think about how it’s going to look. Take in the background for consideration and find the right collar or neckline on your shirt that will look really good. Brighter colors pop on darker backgrounds. Don’t bother thinking a ton about shoes and the bottoms because usually the photos are only head-shots/mid-shots.
- Check for Food: As gross as it is, you don’t want to be in a photo with food around your mouth or by your teeth. Brush your teeth, floss, or do whatever you can before the photo to look your best. Double check if need be and you should be fine.
- Listen, Stand Up Tall, & Smile: The photographer usually tells you to stand or sit a certain way and you might feel funny about it, but trust them. They are professionals who want to make your picture turn out as well as possible. Just stand up tall, take their advice, and smile!
- Ask To Look: Sometimes if you ask, the photographer will let you see how your picture turned out. If you really need to change something, ask to take the picture again. Just remember that there are others waiting behind you.
- Walk Away Proud: Be proud of who you are. If you walk away feeling great about yourself and the photo, you will be a happier person and chances are you will love your photo when they come in. If not, there is always make-up day.
Now all you have to do is remember to pick up those photos when they come in! Usually they will be in your first class or homeroom, so stop by and remember to pick those up as soon as you can the day they come in. If you miss it, no worries…they usually send them down to the office.
Question time! What is a picture day story of yours? Do you like how your pictures turn out? Let me know in the comments below!