You may or may not have noticed that there was not a new post last weekend, and I apologize for that! It’s the end of yet another busy year, and I was busy. I actually had the amazing opportunity to volunteer at a book festival, and since I learned a lot about books, writing, and tips and tricks for being an author, I thought that this weeks post could focus on writing.
Whether you like creative writing, essay writing, poetry writing, or whichever you choose, there are some basic elements that should be considered…
- Stay Inspired! As long as you stay inspired, and keep hope…well…there will be an amazing work of literature at the end, and you will grow as a writer.
- If you’re writing a book…finish it. Start to end. I know that it’s super difficult, but it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just write it all. Thank yourself later.
- Patience, Grasshopper. Who said that writing was a quick process? It’s not! Stay patient, but don’t loose your goal. Stay focused, but take your time…the best writing comes to those who wait.
- Believe in yourself and your writing! I can’t stress this enough! Believe in what you write about and the confidence will show through your words.
- Surround yourself with people to help you! Join a writing group, talk to authors, Google advice…the works! Family, friends, co-workers, and teachers can all help you on your journey.
- Stay focused and have a goal to strive for! See the end in mind, and don’t be afraid of a detailed idea of what you want! All dreams are reachable, and staying on track for your wild dreams is the best thing you can do!
Hopefully these ideas help you stay inspired to keep on writing. Writing is a process, but it’s always worth it. Love what you write, embrace, and understand. Success is in the eye of the beholder.