Judge my LA basicness all you want but acaí bowls are absolutely amazing! They are…
- healthy and filled with great antioxidants
- deliciously sweet without added sugars
- versatile and vegan
They make for great breakfasts, lunches and snacks. While finding one around town (Whole Foods, Urth Cafe, and Paradise Bowls all have amazing ones!) may be easy, making your own is easy to do. Plus, it’ll save you some money too! This is how I make my version of a delicious acaí bowl.
- acaí pack (Sambaza is great!)
- chia seeds
- almond milk (I use Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened)
- Gather ingredients.
- In a small blender, add one pack of acaí (run under water for five seconds to break it up).
- Add 1/4th cup almond milk (or liquid of choice).
- Add some fruit. If adding a banana, slice a full one and put half inside. Leave some fruit for the top.
- Toss in 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth texture. Add more liquid if not smooth enough.
- Place mixture in bowl and decorate the top with leftover fruit.
- Add some granola. For extra flair, add a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
*This is not a sponsored post.